|Brits can't judge the size of animals at a distance especially when terrified!|
Cheshire in the north of England has one of the highest rates of phone calls about big cats:
- report of an escaped lion living in their garden!
- tiger wandering along the banks of the river Dee in Chester (cat described as "three times as big as a cat, but fatter, stripy with a black ringed tail and black tip). This must have been a large mackerel tabby domestic cat!
- a lynx killing 10 sheep, 2 cats, a lamb, attacked chickens in a coop - paw prints as big as a person's hand.
- large wild cat prowling around the Tarporley town center.
- motorist sees a tiger prowling along the M56 (a motorway or freeway) reported on Twitter.
- lion on the loose in Chester city in 2013.
- whilst walking close to the river Dee a caller spotted a tiger who walked through a gate, looked at the caller and "sidled" off into nearby bushes!
- a cat the size of a panther outside the window.
- one caller saw a cat the size of a labrador (a popular comparison) prowling over a golf course. He probably did see a labrador! He insisted it was not a dog, however.
- a cyclist was stopped by a person covered in blood who said he had been attacked by a lion. Sounds like a case of the magic mushrooms.
Nine sightings of big cats were reported April 2011-2014.