- The normal voiding of urine is disturbed.
- Excessive urination. This is called "polyuria". Increased urination leads to increased drinking. You will notice both. Make sure fresh water is always available as it goes down faster. A complication is that the signs of diabetes mellitus and hyperthyroidism are similar.
- No urination. This is called "anuria". Caused by blockage or kidney failure. Toxins obviously build up in the body.
- Pain accompanies urination. This is called "dysuria". You will notice straining when urinating and no urine sometimes or bloody urine. Possible distended bladder results. Cats might urinate in bath, passing spot of bloody urine.
- Bloody urine. Called "hematuria". Bloody urine without pain indicates kidney failure.
- Incontinence (urinating without control). There are a number of causes for this. A vet must diagnose.
Signs of Cat UTI (urinary tract infection)
The signs of urinary tract infection or disease are as follows:
Logan was a rescue cat. He was saved from a very harsh life on the street. We are not told where or I can't find out where. He became fa...
Brown gunge. Yes, I know this is a ferret! It does show the build up of dark brown to black ear wax caused by the presence of the cat e...
I'll write about three types of feline mange (a) feline scabies or head mange (b) demodectic mange and (c) sarcoptic mange. The source m...
Cat Anatomy - Photo by Curious Expeditions . The picture above was taken at Wax Anatomical Models at La Specola in Florence, Italy. Th...