- main call
- prusten (short range vocalization)
- grunts (short range vocalization)
- moan (subdued roar) - close range vocalization
- meow (this is a domestic cat vocalization, tiger style!)
- hiss (the spit and hiss are also made by the domestic cat)
- roar (although one expert says that technically tigers don't roar) - long range call.
If you can can get close enough to a tiger to touch his throat, you might feel a purr if he is content! In this video, a tiger called "Freedom" (he is caged) moans and purrs when petted. You have to listen carefully.
Associated page: Cat Sounds.
Note: 1. Wild Cats of the World, page 356. ISBN-13: 978-0-226-77999-7